Virtual Network (VNet) service endpoints extend your virtual network private address space and the identity of your VNet to the Azure services, over a direct connection. Endpoints allow you to secure your critical Azure service resources to only your virtual networks. Traffic from your VNet to the Azure service always remains on the Microsoft Azure backbone network.
This feature is available in preview for the following Azure services and regions:
- Azure Storage: WestCentralUS, WestUS2, EastUS, WestUS, AustraliaEast, and AustraliaSouthEast
- Azure SQL Database: WestCentralUS, WestUS2, and EastUS.
For the most up-to-date notifications for the preview, check the Azure Virtual Network updates page.
- Learn how to configure virtual network service endpoints
- Learn how to secure an Azure Storage account to a virtual network
- Learn how to secure an Azure SQL Database to a virtual network
- Learn about Azure service integration in virtual networks