This week we celebrate the best of "Defrag Tools", a fantastic Channel 9 series packed with useful and timely information. In episode #177 Defrag Tools, Andrew Richards and Chad Beeder are joined by Alex Ionescu and Pavel Yosifovich, authors of the Windows Internals 7th Edition Part 1 book to talk about history of the Windows Internals book series and what's new for the 7th edition.
The Windows Internals 7th Edition Part 1 is based on Windows 10 Creators Update, and is a must-have for any Troubleshooter or Developer!
The Part 1 book covers:
- Understand Windows system architecture and its most important entities, such as processes and threads
- Examine how processes manage resources and threads scheduled for execution inside processes
- Observe how Windows manages virtual and physical memory
- Dig into the Windows I/O system and see how device drivers work and integrate with the rest of the system
- Go inside the Windows security model to see how it manages access, auditing, and authorization, and learn about the new mechanisms in Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016
Want to watch more Defrag Episodes? Check out the Defrag Tools series page.