Virtual Machine Assessment Tools
- Virtual Machine Readiness Assessment - Automatically inspect your on-premises environment, whether it is physical or virtualized, and provide you with a check list and detailed report on steps you need to take to move your environment to the cloud.
- This tool will provide a high level checklist and a detailed report.
- The checklist outlines areas which are ready to move and areas which may need additional configuration or design changes.
- The detailed report offers expert guidance and advice tailored to your environment.
- Your report shows areas that are ready to move and areas that need additional configuration or design changes.
- Click into each area to get expert guidance and advice tailored to your specific situation.
- Virtual Machine Optimization Assessment - Automatically inspects SQL Server, Active Directory, and SharePoint deployments and provides a detailed set of prioritized recommendations and step-by-step instructions for improvement. Recommendations include security and compliance, performance and scalability, and availability and business continuity.
How it works
To get started, just install and launch it. The Virtual Machine Optimization Tool will ask several questions about your deployment, then conduct an automated data collection and analysis of your Azure Virtual Machines. The entire process should only take about an hour.
What it does
After finishing its analysis, the tool generates a custom report with 10 prioritized recommendations across six IT focus areas - including security and compliance, performance and scalability, and availability and business continuity.
The report represents the distilled engineering wisdom from thousands of customer site visits and is designed to help you manage and prioritize your optimization effort. Things you'll learn include:
- What improvements we suggest and why they're worth considering
- Which specific components of your environment are affected
- Troubleshooting tips
- Step-by-step tune up instructions
- Best practice guidance