This new version of the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit provides agentless discovery, inventory and assessment for a variety of scenarios.
- 41 MAP Sample Documents
- MAP Training Kit with Demo Exercises
- MAP Installer
- Can be installed on any supported OS (client or server)
- .NET Framework 4.5 is required
- By default, MAP will install SQL Server 2012 Express LocalDB
- Should you prefer to utilize an existing SQL instance (SQL Server 2008 or newer), you must create an instance named “MAPS” prior to running the MAP installer.
- Collation Order of DB engine needs to be set to “SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS”
- This is the default setting if your Windows System Locale is EN-US
- For other default collations in SQL Server Setup by Windows System Locale, check here.
- Read Me file contains the above information and more
- “Getting Started Guide” - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=308917
- “Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit Privacy Statement” - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee216481.aspx
- “Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit Frequently Asked Questions” - https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1643.microsoft-assessment-and-planning-toolkit-frequently-asked-questions.aspx
- MAP TechNet Forum - https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=map
- MAP Blog - https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mapblog/
- Follow MAP on Twitter - https://twitter.com/mapblog/