A new software update for StorSimple 5000 and 7000 series appliances, version 18.104.22.1688 is now available for download.
- Release notes and issues addressed in this patch: Appliance Patch Release Notes v2.1.1 (22.214.171.1248-B67)
- Software Patch Upgrade Guide: Software Patch Upgrade Guide v126.96.36.1998
- New version of SSDPC is released with this version
The following enhancements were introduced in this StorSimple release:
- Automated space reclamation optimization – When data is deleted on thinly provisioned volumes, the unused storage blocks need to be reclaimed. This release has improved the space reclamation process from the cloud resulting in the unused space becoming available faster as compared to the previous versions.
- Improvements and bug fixes have been made to the driver software.
The blog also includes information about features of the previous update (v188.8.131.520 and 184.108.40.2068) included in this software update and special notes.