On October 15th, the Nano Server Image Builder was released. It is a graphical interface that will assist you in creating Nano Server images and bootable USB drives.
- Graphical UI creation of Nano Server media with dozens of custom settings
- Create a USB key to detect the firmware and hardware settings of a server
- Creation of a bootable USB key that can be used to deploy Nano Server directly on hardware
- Optionally create a bootable ISO file that can be used to deploy from DVD or BMC-connected servers
- Create PowerShell commands that can be reused by simply changing the machine name
Download location: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54065
- Runs on Windows 8/8.1/10
- Simple to install: download and install the MSI
- Pre-Req: Windows ADK with Deployment Tools and Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) installed
If you miss the pre-requisites, you’ll get this popup:
Blog with more on the tool: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/nanoserver/2016/10/15/introducing-the-nano-server-image-builder/
Want to provide feedback on the tool? Use User Voice!