Remote Desktop Services in Windows Server 2016 lets users access computers, apps, and resources remotely.
You can use Remote Desktop Services plus Azure services to create hosting solutions. Use the following information to get started with desktop hosting in Remote Desktop Services in Windows Server.
- Microsoft Azure Desktop Hosting Reference Architecture
- Create a basic desktop hosting deployment
- Deploy apps using RemoteApps
If you need a highly available and highly scalable desktop hosting environment, see the following scenarios:
- Deploy a Remote Desktop Session Host farm
- Deploy a Remote Desktop Connection Broker cluster
- Deploy a RD Web and Gateway farm
- “Host desktops and apps in Remote Desktop Services on Azure” – https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-docs/compute/remote-desktop-services/host-desktops-and-apps-in-remote-desktop-services
- “Microsoft Azure Desktop Hosting Reference Architecture” – https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-docs/compute/remote-desktop-services/desktop-hosting-reference-architecture
- “Create a basic desktop hosting deployment” – https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-docs/compute/remote-desktop-services/deploy-a-basic-desktop-hosting-environment-using-azure-iaas
- “Deploy apps using RemoteApps” – https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-docs/compute/remote-desktop-services/deploy-remoteapp-programs
- “Deploy a Remote Desktop Session Host farm” – https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-docs/compute/remote-desktop-services/deploy-a-remote-desktop-session-host-farm-to-improve-availability
- “Deploy a Remote Desktop Connection Broker cluster” – https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-docs/compute/remote-desktop-services/deploy-a-remote-desktop-connection-broker-cluster
- “Deploy a RD Web and Gateway farm” – https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-docs/compute/remote-desktop-services/deploy-a-rd-web-access-and-gateway-farm