On July 12th, Yusuf Mehdi, the Corporate Vice President of the Windows and Devices Group announced several new opportunities to over 15,000 attendees of the Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC). This included new subscription service offerings for Windows 10 and Surface.
Surface as a Service
- Cloud Solution Providers (also Surface Authorized Distributors) can offer Surface devices through a managed offering to all resellers and customers, alongside other cloud services (O365, Windows 10, and relevant ISV software)
- Flexibility of solutions
- Faster device refresh
- Customers will have the latest Surface devices
- Expansion of our Surface Multi-National Purchasing Program
- Resellers (i.e. CDW, Insight, SHI, and Zones) can provide their enterprise customers with Surface devices and accessories
- More options for purchasing
- Adding to last year’s announced partnership with Dell, IBM and Booz Allen Hamilton were announced partners
- IBM will draw on their data and analytics expertise to create industry-specific solutions for the financial services and consumer packaged goods sectors to take advantage of unique capabilities of Surface devices
- Booz Allen Hamilton will develop scalable and more secure solutions for Government, the Public Sector, and Healthcare
Fun Fact: In the past year, the Surface business has grown from $1B per year in revenue to $1B a quarter.