Check out the following blog at https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/ad/2016/02/26/azure-ad-mailbag-azure-subscriptions-and-azure-ad-2/ that answer these top questions…
- I’m a Global Administrator for my Azure AD, so why am I getting this error and how can I make it go away?
- Tenant, directory, subscription, account… lots of new terms here. Can you explain Microsoft Azure more simply for me?
- What is the relationship between Azure services and Azure AD?
- How do MSA and Office 365 subscriptions figure in that explanation?
- Can I view or edit the list of Azure subscriptions to which I have administrative access, along with the corresponding Azure AD directories that each of those subscriptions is associated?
- Why can I not see the “Edit directory” button on some or all of the subscriptions on this list?
- I have an active paid O365 subscription. However, when I log into the Azure management portal, I get the frustrating gray box error (“No subscriptions found”). How is that fair?
- I don’t have a paid O365 subscription, but I have paid for EMS, Azure AD Premium, Intune or some other Microsoft online service. However, when I log into the Azure Management Portal, I get the dreaded gray box error (“No subscriptions found”). How is that fair?
- I have an Azure AD directory that I manage using an Azure AD account that is a global admin of that directory. I later created an Azure subscription with my MSA. Is there any way I can manage both my Azure AD directory and the subscription’s default directory using the same MSA login?
- I have multiple Azure subscriptions. How do I move them under a single Enterprise Agreement (EA)?