I have been looking for a way for Office 365 users to install Office 2016 and ran across this article…
Perform the follow these steps to install the First Release build of Office 2016 for the Office 365 client. This gives you early access to the new features of Office 2016 and is the same as the Office Insider build.
Important - If you’re an Office 365 Home, Office 365 Personal, or Office 365 University subscriber, don’t follow these steps. Instead, go to Office Insider to sign up and get the Office Insider build.
- Download the Office Deployment Tool (Office 2016 version) from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Double-click OfficeDeploymentTool.exe to extract the Setup.exe file and the sample configuration.xml file.
- Use a text editor (like Notepad) to edit the configuration.xml file like this:
<Add OfficeClientEdition="32" Branch="FirstReleaseCurrent">
<Language ID="en-us" />
<Updates Enabled="TRUE" />
<Display Level="None" AcceptEULA="TRUE" />
<Logging Level="Standard" Path="%temp%" />
This installs a 32-bit version of Office 365 ProPlus in English from the Office Content Delivery Network (CDN) on the Internet. It also automatically gets updated from the CDN when available.
Note - If you have the Office 365 Business or Office 365 Business Premium plan, use O365BusinessRetail, instead of O365ProPlusRetail, for the Product ID in the configuration.xml file.
Learn more about configuration.xml settings in Reference for Click-to-Run configuration.xml file.
- Copy setup.exe and configuration.xml to the computer where you want Office 2016. An Internet connection is required.
- From an elevated command prompt, go to the folder where you copied the files and run the following command:
Setup.exe /configure configuration.xml
Note - These steps will copy Office 2016 files to your computer and starts the installation. If Office 2016 is already installed, then these steps automatically update the version of Office installed on your computer.
For more information about Office 2016, check out the following Microsoft website…