Microsoft’s Maker team has partnered with Adafruit to release a Raspberry Pi 2 Starter Kit.
This is a great way to learn about electronics, get into the Internet of Things, and experience Windows 10 IoT Core! And this is just the beginning! Expect more kits over the next year!
Note: This pack can also be used with Raspbian Linux and Python.
Microsoft IoT Pack for Raspberry Pi 2 (including Raspberry Pi 2) - http://www.adafruit.com/windows10iotpi2
Microsoft IoT Pack for Raspberry Pi 2 (just the kit, no Pi 2) - http://www.adafruit.com/products/2702
Starter Pack includes:
- Adafruit Raspberry Pi B+ Case - Smoke Base / Clear Top - We think it's the Single Greatest Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Case Ever - though our Pi Box Plus is also nothing to scoff at.
- ?Full Size Breadboard - In the past, we've used the half-size breadboard for a lot of Pi projects - but no longer! With 40 pins to break out, you're going to need some space - and that's why we're including a full size breadboard in this pack.
- Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires - 20 x 6" (150mm) - These jumper wires are great for making wire harness or jumpering between headers on PCBs. We include the longer ones so they work well with the full-size breadboard.
- Premium Female/Male 'Extension' Jumper Wires - 20x6" - These jumper wires are handy equivalents of the male/male jumper wires - but with female connectors.
- Miniature Wi-Fi Module - Official Raspberry Pi Edition - The fancy, official, and adorable Wi-Fi Module, made by the Raspberry Pi foundation specifically for use with Raspberry Pi operating systems (and Windows 10).
- 5V 2A Switching Power Supply w/ 6' MicroUSB Cable - The 5V 2A power adapter is the perfect choice for powering your Raspberry Pi B+ with 2 Amps of current output, and an extra long cord.
- Assembled Adafruit BMP280 Temperature & Humidity sensor - The assembled version of an Adafruit Instant Classic. This breakout board has a powerful BMP280 sensor from Bosh that's good for environmental, temperature, and barometric pressure sensing. This version comes with headers already soldered on.
- Assembled TCS34725 RGB Color Sensor - The assembled version of a longstanding Adafruit classic. This RGB Color Sensor with IR filter and White LED comes fully assembled - with headers already soldered on.
- MCP3008 - 8 Channel 10-Bit ADC with SPI Interface - Easy to use, SPI enabled chip that's perfect for adding 8 channels of 10-bit analog input to your microcontroller or microcomputer project.
- Ethernet Cable - 5-foot-long - An Ethernet cable.
- 8GB class 10 SD/MicroSD Memory Card w/ Windows 10 -IOT This SD card comes pre-loaded with all the Windows 10 goodies you can handle.
- Electronic components
- 1x Photo Cell
- 2x Breadboard Trim Potentiometer
- 5x 10K 5% 1/4W Resistor
- 5x 560 ohm 5% 1/4W Resistor
- 1x Diffused 10mm Blue LED
- 1x Electrolytic Capacitor - 1.0uF
- 1x Diffused 10mm Red LED
- 1x Diffused 10mm Green LED
- 3x 12mm Tactile Switches
“Getting Started” Instructions and Samples - WindowsOnDevices.com