If you haven’t already noticed, newly purchased systems no longer come with installation media. What do you do it need for yourself needing it?
Create your own Windows 8.1 installation media!
What do you need?
- A PC with a reliable Internet connection
- The ability to either:
- Save the installation files to a USB flash drive or
- Burn as ISO file to a DVD
- You’ll need at least 4GB of available space
Before you start:
- Verify what platform you want. Can your system support both x86 and x64?
- Does the system meet the system requirements? Check here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/system-requirements
- Verify what language you want
Reference: “Create Installation Media for Windows 8.1” – http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media
Media Creation Tool Executable – http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=510815