Today’s (Cloud) Tip… What the heck are Windows Azure and Office 365?
Windows Azure is Microsoft's application platform for the public cloud. You can use this platform in many different ways. For instance, you can use Windows Azure to build a web application that runs and stores its data in Microsoft datacenters. You can use Windows Azure just to store data, with the applications that use this data running on-premises (that is, outside the public cloud). You can use Windows Azure to create virtual machines for development and test or to run SharePoint and other applications. You can use Windows Azure to build massively scalable applications with lots and lots of users. Because the platform offers a wide range of services, all of these things-and more-are possible.
Check out the poster! http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35473
Office 365 is Office transformed into a powerful service that keeps you securely connected to all your personal documents, notes, and presentations. It comes with all the things you know and love about Office, but it´s also different from the version of Office you have today in a few exciting ways.
- It´s got the applications you love.
- It includes the latest version of the applications you trust like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, and Access.
It roams with you.
- Sign in, and your Office applications, documents and personal settings are right there, just the way you left them.
You can access your files from almost anywhere.
- Save your work to the cloud, and it´s easy to access, edit, and share on the go.
You´ll have access to Office on more devices.
- In the future, Office will be available on more devices and different platforms.
You can get Office when you´re away from your PC.
- Stream a full-featured version of Office on any Windows 7 or Windows 8 internet-connected PC with Office on Demand.