Open the Windows 8 charms menu by swiping from the right edge of your screen or hitting the Windows Key + c
Also, you can move your mouse to the top or bottom right corners of your screen and leave it there for a moment to bring up the Charms menu which might be useful in an RDP session since this will usually execute locally by default.
The Charms menu allows you to quickly access common Windows functions:
- Search – defaults to searching for apps, but offers other options as well
- Share – the function here depends on which modern app you are in.
- Start – Start menu. Same as pressing the Windows key alone
- Devices – the function here depends on which modern app you are in.
- Settings – Lots of useful stuff here including Power, Volume and more. Also more functions depending on which modern app you are in.
The Charms menu looks like this on the right edge of your main monitor: