Once Windows Server 2012 released, people were antsy about getting their hands on the product and learning about it. Unfortunately this usually means taking time out of your already busy day, setting up a virtual environment, and waiting through the install.
But wait…there is an easier way. J
Thanks to our hosting partner, holSystems, we have a number of publicly available ‘hands on labs’. These labs fire up a remote VM that is ready for you to start poking at. There are a number of labs that have been created. From an High Availability standpoint, these are the ones that I thought were the most useful….
- Configuring a Highly Available iSCSI Target
- Configuring Hyper-V over Highly Available SMB Storage
- Getting Started with Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Replication
- Implementing Storage Pools and Storage Spaces
- Introduction to iSCSI Diskless Boot Deployment
Also, there are a few PowerShell labs that are available.
- Introduction to Windows PowerShell Fundamentals
- What’s New in Windows PowerShell 3.0
- Managing Windows Server 2012 with Server Manager and Windows PowerShell 3.0