I wrote before about how to customize DLP rules in Exchange Online. I talked about how to export, import and create a new rule using a XML file. I would like to update an information here. Now you can do the same thing in the Security & Compliance Center Portal (https://protection.office.com).
I extracted from the KB the part that you can see how to upload your rule package to SCC.
- Save it as an .xml file with Unicode encoding.
- Connect to the Office 365 Security & Compliance Center using remote PowerShell
- In the Security & Compliance Center PowerShell, type
New- DlpSensitiveInformationTypeRulePackage -FileData (Get-Content -Path “C:\custompath\MyNewRulePack.xml” -Encoding Byte)
Make sure that you use the file location where your rule pack is actually stored. C:\custompath\ is a placeholder.
- To confirm, type Y, and then press ENTER.
- Verify that your new sensitive information type was uploaded by typing Get- DlpSensitiveInformationType to see a list of all sensitive types. You can quickly separate custom sensitive information types from those which come built in by looking at the Publisher column. You can filter the list to a specific sensitive information type by running Get-DlpSensitiveInformationType -Identity “name of sensitive information type”.