Today we finally released the Cumulative update 4 for Operations Manager 2007 R2.
Cumulative Update 4 resolves the following issues:
- The Performance and Resource Optimization (PRO) Tips feature does not function correctly after you install Cumulative Update 3 for SCOM 2007 R2.
- The Alert view does not work correctly when the source of an alert contains both monitors and rules.
- The event description is not collected by the Azure management pack. To resolve this issue, build the Windows Azure application by using Windows Azure SDK 1.3.
- The monitoring host process may stop responding on a computer that is running on Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2).
- The performance of the Diagram view is slow if a user role is in the scope of many groups.
- In the web console properties for an alert, the hyperlinks on the Knowledge tab are not active.
Cumulative Update 4 for SCOM 2007 R2 adds the following features:
- SQL Server 2008 R2 database upgrade support
- Automatic recovery for Health Service in a SQL Server failure scenario
This also means that SCOM 2007 R2 now supports the following SQL Server versions and service packs:
- Server 2005 Standard or SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 1, Service Pack 2, or Service Pack 3, or SQL Server 2008 with Service Pack 1, Service Pack 2, or SQL Server 2008 R2.
More information can be found here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb309428.aspx
The KB article can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2449679
Download of the CU4 is done here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=39a871e0-d996-4568-be5d-2edb6f539330&displaylang=en
As always, my colleague Kevin Holman has already blogged about his experience installing the CU4: http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2011/02/01/opsmgr-2007-r2-cu4-rollup-hotfix-ships-and-my-experience-installing-it.aspx