Earlier today one of my management servers quit receiving new configuration and all agents reporting to it also quit updating their configuration. I got the event 21023 every 5 minutes in the Operations Manager log :
Log Name: Operations Manager
Source: OpsMgr Connector
Date: 20-10-2010 14:58:00
Event ID: 21023
Task Category: None
OpsMgr has no configuration for management group XXXX and is requesting new configuration from the Configuration Service.
All of my other Management servers had no issues and functioned as expected.
I logged onto the failing management server and tried the following with no luck:
- Restarting the System Center Management service
- Deleting the Health Service Stated folder (C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State)
- New Health Service Stated folder is created but no files are downloaded.
There are no entries in the event log indicating any sort of problem.
So before going through the extreme measures of reinstalling or applying updates again, I turned the attention to the RMS.
- Stopped the System Center Management Service
- Deleted the Health Service Stated folder
- Started the System Center Management Service
After that the RMS download all the configuration files and management packs as expected. I then restarted the System Center Management Service on the failing MS and it started downloading and everything works again.
The only explanation is that a few days ago a MP was updated and maybe this triggered the failure.