After you upgrade to Microsoft Office 2013, you experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- The computer uses more memory when you open multiple Microsoft Excel 2013 files, save Excel files, or make calculations in Excel workbooks.
- You can no longer open as many Excel workbooks in the same instance as you could before you upgraded to Excel 2013.
- When you insert columns in an Excel workbook, you receive an error about available memory.
When you are working with an Excel worksheet, you receive the following error message:
There isn’t enough memory to complete this action.
Try using less data or closing other applications.
To increase memory availability, consider:
– Using a 64-bit version of Microsoft Excel.
– Adding memory to your device
We just released the two articles that describes the performance issues and provides some workarounds to try in your Excel files.
KB 3066990: Memory usage in the 32-bit edition of Excel 2013