When an important event like Ignite fills up so fast, it’s pretty great we can still get so much of the good stuff online.
If that’s how you plan to attend, we’ve put together a sample agenda of the best-of-the-best Cloud + Enterprise content you won’t want to miss.
- First, watch the Ignite keynote live stream from Chicago. The preshow starts at 08:30 CDT (UTC-5) on Monday, May 4, 2015. Then Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella will take the stage to talk about transformation—and what that means for all of us, from the developers to the “Chief Transformation Officer.” Be on the lookout for a few provocative announcements in this talk!
- Satya will be followed by Joe Belfiore, who will get to the demos everyone will be talking about—the new Win10 UX, exciting new apps, Spartan, and more. Then Gurdeep Singh Pall and Julia White will drill down into the future of work. Expect to see demos that will show you how productivity will be enhanced in the not-so-distant future. And Brad Anderson will discuss the future of IT—particularly about security, flexibility, openness, and integrated technology.
- After the keynote addresses, stay tuned for the highlights show, where all of the speakers (except for Satya), will be available live for Q&A session.
- At 1:30pm CDT, also on May 4, Jeffrey Snover, Jeremy Winter, and Mark Russinovich will present Platform Vision and Strategy Overview: Bringing Microsoft Azure to Your Datacenter. This session will show you how to leverage the power of Microsoft Azure in your datacenter for rapid innovation. You’ll get a good overview of the modernization of on-premises infrastructure, hybrid approaches, and new models for application delivery.
- Then on May 5 at 3:15pm CDT, you have to see Mark Russinovich and Mark Minasi on Cloud Computing. You can bet this will be a dynamic session. Russinovich brings his perspective and experience in leading Azure architecture, and Minasi will relate his IT expertise and a view from the outside.
- Next on our list, C+E professionals will want to find out all about Microsoft’s New Windows Server Containers from Amo Mihm and Taylor Brown in their session on May 6 at 1:30pm CDT. Learn what containers are, what makes them such an exciting technology, how they’ll work in Windows Server, and how they’ll integrate with Docker.
- Also on May 6, get more news and information in the session with Ben Armstrong and Sarah Cooley on What’s New in Windows Server Hyper-V—starting at 15:15 CDT.
- Bernhard Tritsch and Ruben Spruijt will present An Insider’s Guide to Desktop Virtualization on May 7 at 1:30pm CDT. They’ll share insights and best practices, as well as their unfiltered thoughts about desktop virtualization, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), vendors, and solutions. Discussion topics will include VDwhy, VDCry, VDI Smackdown, building and designing a Microsoft VDI solution, plus 3D graphics. Wow!
- Our final recommendation for C+E professionals is Windows PowerShell Unplugged with Jeffrey Snover, scheduled for 1:00pm CDT on May 7. Jeffrey invented PowerShell, an object-based distributed automation engine, scripting language, and command-line shell—so you’ll get all the tools and techniques you need to explore and learn PowerShell right from the source.
If you can’t catch these sessions live, they will be available 24 hours after they’ve been presented at MyIgnite.
For more news and updates about Ignite, please subscribe here.