Today Microsoft announced the preview of Azure Automation. Proudly built by the System Center team, Azure Automation enables customers to automate the creation, deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of resources in your Azure environment using a highly-scalable and reliable workflow execution engine.
The service can be used to orchestrate the time-consuming and repetitive tasks customers otherwise accomplish manually across Azure and third-party systems to decrease operational expense for your cloud operations.
Automation enables the ability to:
- Import or build Windows PowerShell modules to enable integrating across Azure and third-party systems
- Author flexible Windows PowerShell Runbooks to accelerate time to value
- Deliver resources faster through automation of manual tasks
There is no charge for Automation during preview, and the general availability date has not yet been determined.
For more information, make sure you check out the links below:
- For more information on Automation, visit the Automation webpage
- To get started with Automation, go to the Automation: Getting Started guide
- If you have any questions, please post them to the Azure Automation forum