We are pleased to announce a new application that will allow both Developers and IT Professionals to access Microsoft information from a variety of panes of glass. The Microsoft Tech Companion is now available for download. This application brings you the latest news on products, features, and upcoming events, virtually anywhere. Customize feeds to surface the content that matter most to you. Search for answers from a consolidated database of Microsoft content.
- Access news and topics from virtually anywhere
- Phones – Access the app on almost any common smartphone including iPhone, Android, and Windows 8
- Tablets – The app is ideally suited for mobile computing with native applications for iPad, Android, and Windows 8 (RT, x86, and x64)
- PCs – In addition to the mobile options, the app is also available for your desktop or laptop.
- Stay up-to-date with news and events that interest you
- Customizable feeds – Define feeds around products, terms, features, and functions. Turn them into live tiles that alert you with updates and customize the tiles with a splash of color
- Bookmarks – Save a specific news topic, library article or blog in the application to easily find it again in the future (and be alerted when it has been updated)
- Streaming news – Microsoft news, events, you name it; it all streams to the app’s news reader
- Always with you – Sign in with your Microsoft ID and your settings will sync to every device installed with the app
- Search Microsoft all at once
- Search through blogs, wikis, and library topics
- Filter results by source and/or product and version
- Save your searches for future reference
- Stay up-to-date on a specific subject that interests you. Turn your searches into custom feeds
- Share content with friends and colleagues
Ready to download? Go get it here!