TechEd Europe begins next week and we wanted to make sure you have all the information so you can stay ahead of the pack. For those of us in North America, that is a bit of a challenge with the time difference but we will keep you informed on the announcements, key sessions, and highlights each day. Here are some other key links and resources:
- Preconference – as always, there are sessions on Day 0 that cover a wide range of topics. Windows Server, management with System Center, deployment of Windows 8 and even non product-oriented sessions like “How To Be A Successful DBA”. If you get to Madrid early, take advantage of them.
- Keynotes – unlike TechEd NorthAmerica 2013, there are two keynotes at the European conference. The Day 1 Keynote is being delivered by Brad Anderson. He did a great job in New Orleans so we think you’ll enjoy the presentation. On Day 3 there will be another keynote delivered by Jon DeVaan on Windows 8.1.
- Foundation Sessions – like North America, the TechEd Europe will also have some initial foundation sessions to establish the landscape of products and services Microsoft will be talking about at the conference. This is a great way to get some grounding on things like the Cloud OS and other terms that may seem a bit foreign to you.
- Breakout Sessions – there are hundreds of breakout sessions on a wide array of topics. We have the topics organized into tracks so you can pick a certain path if desired. You’ll definitely want to take advantage of the content catalog at https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/Europe/2013 for the complete list of sessions.
- Hands-On Labs – doing is a preferred way to learn by man. The hands-on labs are certainly developed, designed and delivered with that in mind.
- Ask the Experts - Frequently noted by attendees as one of the most valuable events at TechEd, visit the Ask the Experts booth in the Server-Cloud-Tools area to connect one-on-one with Microsoft experts to discuss day-to-day concerns, best practices, and find answers and solutions that will help drive success in the coming year.
- Follow along in Instructor Led Labs. Tech Ed offers a rich agenda of Instructor Led Labs throughout the week at Tech Ed. In these sessions, Microsoft experts will lead you through various topics while you get the opportunity to exercise new skills with guidance and tips straight from the pros.
- Highlights – We’ll be highlighting sessions and other news from the conference that we want to bring your attention to, so be sure and check back here daily. And by all means, tell your friends about our blog here. See the Day 1 Highlights from TechEd North America for an example.
- Channel 9 Events Application – the folks at Channel9.msdn.com have developed an application for your smartphone. Get more information on it at https://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/TechEd/Stay-Connected-with-the-Ch9-Events-App.
- Social - There will be several twitter handles and hashtags to follow. When in doubt, follow @MSCloud to get the 411 on what is happening at TechEd Europe 2013, and you can also find the full list of Server-Cloud-Tools handles here.
We announced quite a few exciting products and services at TechEd North America a couple of weeks ago. Who knows what might get announced at TechEd Europe. Stay tuned to our blog and we’ll make sure you don’t miss anything.