Microsoft is pleased to announce the availability of Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2 release candidate. It is available for download from Microsoft Connect, as described below.
This release candidate includes new and updated features for FIM 2010 R2:
- Historical reporting using integration to the System Center Service Manager data warehouse
- Web-based Self-Service Password Reset
- Scale and performance improvements
- Outlook® 2010 support for the FIM add-ins and extensions and SharePoint® 2010 support for the FIM Portal
In particular, this release candidate introduces numerous functional improvements, including:
- New authentication gates for self-service password reset
- Additional reports
- Extensible Connectivity Management Agent 2
For complete information, see the Release Notes and feature-specific documents.
If you have already joined the FIM 2010 Community Evaluation Program or downloaded the beta, you can obtain FIM 2010 R2 RC from the FIM 2010 Connect web site. The downloads link is in the left column.
To join the program and download the software, click here. Once you answer the survey questions, the Connect site will auto-approve your access.
Principal Program Manager