Your opportunity to win one of two Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Game Console Bundles!
Starting next week on August 30th at 9:00 a.m. PST, we’re kicking off our Microsoft Path to the Private Cloud Contest. During the contest you’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge of Microsoft virtualization, systems management and private cloud offerings by being the first to provide the correct answers to three questions posted daily on the Microsoft Server and Cloud Platform blog. Links to other places you can find contest information are included below.
How to participate:
There will be two separate opportunities to win one of two Xbox 360 4GB Kinect game console bundles by answering three questions posted on August 30th and another three questions that will be posted on August 31st. You’ll only be eligible to win once though and we will only accept three (3) entries per person per Prize Period.
How to play:
On August 30th we’ll post one question per hour, starting at approximately 9:00 a.m. PST here on the Microsoft Server and Cloud Platform blog. We will post the second question at 10:00 a.m. PST and the third at 11:00 a.m. PST on the same day. This process will be repeated on August 31st.
Using your existing knowledge or by searching Microsoft’s TechNet blogs, news site, and other TechNet online resources, you’ll have the information at your fingertips to find the correct answers to all three questions. Once you have the answers, send us a single Twitter Message directly to @MSServerCloud (“direct tweet”) with all three answers. The first person to submit all three correct answers in a single Twitter Message to @MSServerCloud will win the Xbox bundle for the day. Please note: The three correct answers should all fit into a single Twitter Message of 140 characters, so if your answers are to long they must be incorrect.
Announcing the Winners:
Once we have a daily winner, we’ll post the correct answers and the winning Twitter handle to the Microsoft Server and Cloud Platform blog. We will also notify the winner via direct Twitter Message. Remember, you can only win once but you can also enter up to three times a day.
Other sites where we’ll post links back to the questions on this blog include:
- The Microsoft Virtualization Blog and Twitter feed
- The Microsoft Windows Server Blog and Twitter feed
- The Microsoft System Center Blog and Twitter feed
Any U.S. resident (50 US + D.C.), 18 years and over can play so mark your calendars and check back here on August 30th for another blog post officially kicking off the contest.
MICROSOFT PATH TO THE PRIVATE CLOUD CONTEST
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the Microsoft Path to the Private Cloud contest promotion will operate (“Contest”).
In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of this Contest. “You” refers to an eligible Contest entrant.
This is a skill-based Contest. The object of this Contest is to be the first person to correctly answer questions related to Microsoft virtualization, system management, or cloud computing.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Contest starts at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on August 30, 2011, and ends at 5:00 p.m. p.m. PT on September 2, 2011 (“Entry Period”). The Entry Period consists of two separate prize periods. Period 1 begins at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on August 30th and ends at 5:00 p.m. p.m. PT on September 2. Period 2 begins at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on August 31st and ends at 5:00 p.m. p.m. PT on September 2.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements at time entry:
- You are a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, and are 18 years of age or older.
- If you are 18 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Contest; and
- You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
- You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest; and
- You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest.
This Contest is void outside the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
HOW DO I ENTER?
During each Prize Period three different trivia questions will be posted online at http://blogs.technet.com/b/server-cloud/. To Enter you must do the following within each Prize Period:
Sign into your Twitter account and follow the links and instructions to become a follower of @MSServerCloud
- From your own account, send a single direct tweet message to @MSServerCloud with the correct answer to all three questions posted on http://blogs.technet.com/b/server-cloud/
We will only accept three (3) entries per person per Prize Period. We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
- Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
- Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above.
WINNER DETERMINATION AND PRIZES
The first person to correctly answer, in the judge’s sole opinion, all three (3) the trivia questions for each Prize Period will an Xbox 360 4GB with Kinect Game Console Bundle. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $299.00 each. Limit one prize per person.
The decisions of the judges are final and binding. If we do not receive a sufficient number of entries meeting the entry requirements, we may, at our discretion, select fewer winners than described above.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a direct tweet message to the Twitter account used to submit the winning entry within seven days following completion of
judging. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award to a runner-up.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the Twitter handle used to enter the Contest. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf.
If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select a runner-up.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Contest:
- You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
- You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we may award it to a runner up; and
- If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
- If you are otherwise eligible for this Contest, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
- Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and / or terms and conditions.
We will only award one (1) prize per person.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS AM I AGREEING TO BY ENTERING?
By entering this Contest you agree:
- To abide by these Official Rules; and
- To release and hold harmless Microsoft and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest, or any prize won; and
- That Microsoft’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest; and
- That, by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS CONTEST IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE CONTEST CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Contest, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHO WON?
We will post the names of winners who received a prize worth 25.00 or more online at http://blogs.technet.com/b/server-cloud/. This list will remain posted one month after September 2, 2011.
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS CONTEST?
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052