Cameron’s talk Apps without Borders goes through the process of planning globalization of apps for Windows Store, Windows Phone, and desktop apps. Among many useful tips for publishing your app internationally, it focuses on the following:
- Publishing, localizing and globalizing your app
- Submitting your app to the Windows and Windows Phone app stores
- Globalization checklist
- Determining the markets to make your app available in
- Selecting age ratings for different international markets and getting certifications
- Localizing keywords for your app store description
- Creating localized screenshots for your app store description
- Walkthrough of app publication using the Multilingual App Toolkit. The Multilingual App Toolkit uses both Microsoft’s Machine Translation Microsoft Translator as well as the available terminology and user interface translations form the Microsoft Language Portal.
Also check out another BUILD session on monetizing your apps: Maximizing Revenue for Phone, Tablet and PC Apps in the Windows Store. Both talks are well worth a look if you are just starting out with your first international Windows Store or Windows Phone app.
You can contact the MAT team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.