The Office 2010 Language Interface Pack for Albanian (Shqip) is now available for free download!
A Language Interface Pack allows you to change the user interface in the following Office 2010 applications: Excel, OneNote, InfoPath, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word. The pack includes a spell checker and is available for both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
A COUPLE OF FACTS ABOUT ALBANIAN:
- Albanian is spoken by the entire population of Albania (about 3 million), another 1.5 million in the disputed region of Kosovo, and about 600,000 in Macedonia (FYROM). Isolated and long-established pockets of Albanian exist in Greece and the south of Italy.
- The name Albanian comes from a Latin term for a tribe of the region, the Albani. In the language itself, Albanian is called shqip.
- Albanian sometimes employs terms that help avoiding taboo words so that no bad luck is generated by naming the real thing: A wolf might be called “mbyllizogojën” (derived from an expression meaning May God close his mouth!), a fairy “shtozovalle” (from an expression meaning May God increase their round-dances!).
- More information about Albanian (Wikipedia)
OTHER MICROSOFT PRODUCTS IN ALBANIAN:
- Windows 7 is already available in Albanian and can be downloaded from the Windows 7 language download page.