System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) 2008 R2 Release Candidate is now available for public download. The R2 is the latest upgrade to VMM 2008 and enables consolidation of physical servers, rapid provisioning of new virtual machines and unified management of physical and virtual infrastructure through one console. VMM 2008 R2 now manages many of the new features of Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V, plus:
- Functionality to migrate storage for running VMs
- iSCSI target and SAN-based migration across clusters
- Template-based rapid provisioning
- Maintenance mode to automate the evacuation of VMs off host machines,
- Live Migration host compatibility checks
Read about the SCVMM R2 RC features on the System Center Virtual Machine Manager product team blog.
The bits are available via Connect https://connect.microsoft.com/.
More to come,
Subscribe to the TechNet Flash newsletter
Follow us on Twitter