My HP Embedded Mobile Broadband device (un2400) is not able to connect to the internet

Here are the steps for Qualcomm Gobi embedded device in HP laptop/HP un2400 for 32-bit platform –

Step 1 – Install the HP Multi-WWAN Driver Installer

You can use the following location for installing this package.

Version of the packages : 1.00 Rev. D (20 Mar 2009)

Location of the packages –

Step 2 – Install the HP Wireless Assistant

Version of the packages : 3.00 K (9 Jun 2008)

Location of the packages –

Step 3 – After installing the HP Wireless Assistant, system would request for a restart, please restart the system.

Step 4 – Install HP Connection Manager [3]

Version of the packages : Version: 2.00 (18 Mar 2009)

Location of the packages –

Select the First option for the above installer:

HP CM

Step 5 - Close the CM if it opens

Step 6 – Copy temp.reg to a local folder, say Desktop\New folder. (Please see at the end of this post on creating a temp.reg file.)

Step 7 - Right click on the file temp.reg and select merge. Follow the on screen instructions, Click Yes, for below prompt –

regedit

Step 8 - Restart the system

Step 9 - Launch HP Wireless Assistant

Turn off Wireless LAN

Turn off Bluetooth

Turn on Wireless WAN

Step 10 - Launch the Connection manager, click connect and the device connects.

Steps to create the temp.reg file required in Step 6 above –

1) Create a file named temp.reg

2) Paste the below contents into the file temp.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HPQ]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HPQ\HP Mobile Broadband]

"Activation"=dword:00000001

3) Save the file.

Ashish Jain

Program Manager,

Devices Just Work, Mobile Broadband

On Windows 7 RC x64 I can’t install drivers for HP un2400:

HP un2400 Mobile Broadband Module has a driver problem Not fixed

There is a problem with the driver for HP un2400 Mobile Broadband Module. The driver needs to be reinstalled.

Device information

Name: HP un2400 Mobile Broadband Module

ID: USBVID_03F0&PID_201D5&3ADED796&0&2

Error code: 18

i  don't have  the access to post any topic here.Here i encounter some question while using MBN API to intergrate the connection manager.

About how to scan the network and how to list all the available networks, which API interface should i use?

Could anyone give me some advice?thanks!

Hi,

How about x64?

Zvonimir

i also encounter this issue in my machine

5. teammb says:

We are still investigating the 64-bit driver installation issue. Hopefully, this would get fixed soon.

i  have not the access to post any topic here.Here i encounter some question while using MBN API to intergrate the connection manager.

Could anyone give me some advice?thanks!

Is there any progress for 64-bit driver installation issue?

I found Vista could not load the driver for the device after my laptop wake up from suspending || hibernation.

I searched the HP official forum found many user have the same issue & have no solution to resolve.

9. Do you have any solution to the 64-bit Win7 problem???

Windows 7 was RTM-ed few days before today, and I would really like to use my expensive HP EliteBook 8530p HDSPA modem!!!

Dear Program Manager,

I follow your comment installed the Gobi undp1 driver and every thing seem fine. But when I closed and reopen the WWAN in the Wireless Assistant, the device was disabled.

When I opened the Device Manager tried to enable the device, I could find only one device named "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader (COM8)" in the list, and the exception means Windows can not load the driver again.

Even after the computer restart. the problem is still there.

What should I do? Reinstall the drive follow the steps again? That’s terrible!

Desire you can give me the solution to solve the problem completely.

Thanks for your attention!

11. mobile says:

it is good to use pls try it .

<a href="http://samsungmobile.co.in&quot; rel="dofollow">mobile</a>

12. masagenga says:

i can't access my 3G embeded device on netbook acer AOA ZG5 my machine running windows 7 enterprise msdn license, all devices like sound, wifi,ethernet, vga succesfull detected but only device Qualcomm hs usb was not detected, pliss give the clue how i most suppose to do…thanks

13. Kevin says:

Okay, so why is it that on some 6930p you see the device within Windows, The un2400 device.

But on other 6930p it doesn't show in windows. But it's exactly the same kind of laptop.

Product code and everything. All settings in the BIOS are also the same.

and the slot is there to put the SIM in but it just doesn't work.

No matter what Software you install or Drivers or updating the BIOS.

So does any one know why?

14. Monica says:

I'm just glad whoever wrote thia article.this one was very informative glad to read it . good job!

15. Godfrey says:

I use HP Elitebook 2740p and i have just bought and installed hp un2400 mobile broadband module seperately. The driver cannot be installed on my Win7. I cannot find the drivers for WIn7 on the HP website. Any fixes yet?

16. Edu says:

what kind of file am i supposed to create? like just a text file or what?

17. rotimi says:

where do i creat this temp.reg file, imean is it in the registry or in notepad

18. prabakaran says:

i have a hp compaq 6910p laptop can i use un2400? please help me

19. Peri says:

Yo tengo hp 6735b con el mismo problema.

20. Kwan says:

I have a mini-laptop HP3115m with AT&T build-in. The internet worked well until I went to Canada. Could not connect to internet over there, obviously. But when I came back to US, I could not connect to internet by AT&T, it said the mobile broadband capability
    as off. Any one can help? Thanks