While installing mobile broadband software on Windows7 or connecting to the internet using the installed mobile broadband software, the user may experience one of the following issues with some devices:
· Installation failure of the mobile broadband software
· Failed to detect the mobile broadband device
· Unable to connect to the internet
All mobile broadband devices that connect to the internet with Windows Vista should continue with Windows7.
Below is the list of devices that are known to connect to the internet with Windows 7.
· AT&T USB Connect Mercury (x86 only)
· AT&T USB Connect Quick Silver (x86 only)
· Option Wireless GT Ultra Express
· Sierra Wireless Aircard 881 (x86 only)
· Sierra Wireless Aircard 875 (x86 only) *
· Sierra Wireless Aircard 875u (x86 only)
· Novatel Wireless Merlin EX720 *
· Novatel Wireless USB727 (AMD64 only)
· T-Mobile E160 USB Stick Modem
· Verizon Wireless AirCard 595 (AMD64 only)
· Verizon Wireless KPC680 ExpressCard
· Verizon Wireless PC5750 PC Card
· Verizon Wireless UM175 USB Modem *
· Verizon Wireless USB727 Modem (x86 only)
· Verizon Wireless V740 ExpressCard
· Huawei E172 USB Stick *
· Novotel Wireless Ovation MC950D (x86 only)
· Vodafone E3730 Card with 3G Broadband (x86 only)
· Vodafone K3520 USB Stick (x86 only)
· Vodafone K3565 USB Stick
· Vodafone K3715 USB Stick (x86 only)
* Devices with known problems and workarounds
Device: AT&T Sierra Wireless Aircard 875
Problem: The Cingular Communication Manager InstallShield Wizard is blocked from progressing by a warning message that is not easily visible.
Workaround: User needs to move the InstallShield Wizard window to another position on the screen to uncover the warning message and click on 'OK' on the warning message.
Problem: Launching Cingular Communication Manager pops up a Program Compatibility Assistant dialog showing message "This program has known compatibility issues".
Workaround: Select "Don't show this message again" and click "Run Program" to run program successfully.
Device: Sprint Novatel Wireless Merlin EX720
Problem: Warning message during installation "Motorola driver installer does not recognize your Operating System"
Workaround: Click OK and ignore. This has no impact on internet connectivity with the device.
Device: Verizon Wireless UM175 USB Modem
Problem: Error message “OS not supported” displayed during installation of mobile broadband software. Driver installation fails.
Workaround: Right-click on the installer application, click on properties and select the ‘Compatibility’ tab. Check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for:’ and select ‘Windows Vista’ from the drop down dialog box. Click on ‘OK’ button. Run the installer application again.
Device: Vodafone Huawei E172 USB Stick
Problem: Software does not install correctly from the device.
Workaround: Install software from the CD instead.