Spend a Day with the Experts: The Converging Paths of SQL Server and SharePoint
Date: Wednesday, 27th May
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (breakfast and registration begin at 8:00 a.m.)
Location: Microsoft Office, Victoria, London
We invite you to this full day seminar featuring SQL Server and SharePoint experts from Microsoft, Coeo and Quest Software where we will examine the similarities and differences in SharePoint and SQL Server administration. Join us and learn why it’s important for you to get familiar with both platforms to streamline your day-to-day tasks.
Don’t get caught at the crossroads – what you’ll take away from this event can make the manageability of these environments much easier and help you to better understand and master your environment.
These are just a few of the topics that will be covered in this informative event:
- The SQL Server –SharePoint connection
- Creating a scalable and resilient architecture
- DBAs as SharePoint Administrators
- Understanding and managing SharePoint
- Ensuring the security, availability and performance of your SharePoint/SQL Server environment
- A look ahead at what is coming in the next releases of SQL Server and SharePoint
- Andrew Fryer, SQL Server Evangelist, Microsoft
- Viral Tarpara, SharePoint Evangelist, Microsoft
- Christian Bolton, SQL Server MVP and Director/Database Architect, Coeo Ltd.
- Doug Davis, Director of Product Management, SharePoint, Quest Software
- Iain Kick, SQL Server Systems Consultant, Quest Software
Personally I’ll be talking about SharePoint 2007 Overview as well as discussing the new roadmap for SharePoint 2010.