Presentation Deck for Search Server 2008

So anyone who attended our events in Falkirk and Manchester, thank you for attending and here is the extended version of the PowerPoint presentation I used.  Please send me your questions via this blog so I can follow-up and answer them.  There were some really interesting questions and I think a lot of people will be interested in the answers.

Here is the link to the vpc download:

Location of FLD files for federated search:

MSS-MSS Express Technical Presentation – Whats New – Search Server 2008.pdf

In my quest trying to find something for an earlier post, I found this image which was too good not to

Nick R,

As indicated in the presentation, Search Server 2008 CANNOT be installed on top of a MOSS 2007 installation.  MOSS SP1 will provide the option to integrate MSS 2008 features in first half of 2008 via a patch.  MOSS SP2 will completely integrate MSS 2008 functionality as part of the package.

for MOSS 2007 SP1, it is slated for first half of 2008.  Don’t have any more specifics on the date sorry.

Thank you all who attended the London TechNet event, Beyond SharePoint: Advanced Solutions in Business

5. Nick R says:

Having just tried installing Search Server on my MOSS 2007 VPC without any success can you confirm that it is not currently possible to install it over MOSS 2007 and I will have to either wait until the SP1 update next year to get the additional search functionality within MOSS. Thanks.

6. Nick R says:

Thanks for the response. Can you be any more specific about when MOSS SP1 will be released. I understand from your presentation that Enterprise Search will potentialy give the ability to search My Sites that are configured to use Forms Based Authentication. I am working on an FBA solution for a client and I need to know whether this is defintely the case and if so whether delivery of this fucntionality will be within the near future. Thanks.