As my Azure IaaS Operations Guide continues to grow, I wanted to break off parts for their own sections. For the Azure IaaS Ops Guide I want it to focus on administration of storage, compute, and networking. Whenever we have customer conversations around monitoring Azure, it follows then that for security and compliance that Auditing and Security concerns need to be addressed as well for Storage, Compute and Networking. Therefore, here are my collected resources for the three Amigos of Monitoring, Security, and Auditing, Ole! But later, a separate page on Security is coming…as it is definitely needed!
To save you a little time in all the reading below, let’s share a couple great high-level diagrams from the first two articles. These should get you interested to roll up your sleeves and start making a plan!
The first one is an overview of the monitoring process.
The next diagram outlines more specifically what types of logs can be collected from Azure and what you can do with that data.
If you like what you see above, the start with the first two articles below, and then dive in further as needed. The latest Ignite 2016 presentation is also just below. A good show indeed to watch.
I’ll leave these here for now….but soon will be working on a Security specific page, as its own, it will need!
- Microsoft Trust Center and Compliance
- Azure Security – What we’ve done and where we are going
- Get started with threat detection
- Security considerations for Azure Resource Manager
- Microsoft Azure Network Security
- Azure App Service Security
- Securing your SQL Database
- Audit operations with Resource Manager
- Azure Active Directory audit report events
- Audit Logs in Azure Preview Portal
- Getting started with Operations Management Suite Security and Audit Solution
- View and analyze Azure Audit Logs in Power BI and more
- Use audit logs to send email and webhook alert notifications in Azure Insights
- Azure API Management service covered by Azure Service Organization Controls audits
- New features for Azure diagnostics and Azure Audit logs
- How to use the audit log in Azure AD Privileged Identity Management