Please bookmark and share this easy URL 🙂
Were you at Ignite? If not, here is my recorded session!
Exam Prep Session for Exam 70-533: Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions Want the slides with all the links too? Get them here... Ignite_70-533_Grimes-1 and also Ignite_70-533_Grimes-2
Earlier in 2015, I had the pleasure of being a guest speaker on the Azure Podcast, talking about Azure Certifications. Internally at Microsoft I recently delivered two internal recordings and also 6 live sessions at our recent internal conference in Seattle. Having been an MCT for 18 years now, it is still a passion of mine to train and give back to others. So it is through these activities I can play a trainer while also being a consultant. I think the two of them complement each other well. Back when I was a trainer full time for 10 years straight, they would hardly ever let you consultant ...because that didn't fill up seats in the classroom.
After thinking about many of the things I said in the podcast, I thought I would start to share some of the many resources with the general public, that I share internally. Unfortunately, I cannot magically grant you all access to the many internal resources that Microsoft employees have:( But, there are still a plethora of things to help you get started to prepare for the exams. In this post, I'll focus on the Azure Infrastructure Exam 70-533. I will be delivering four sessions this year at the first Microsoft Ignite conference. Two for 70-533 and two for 70-534 (I'll post on that soon!). So stop on by to say Hi! To listen to the podcast listen here.
As we get closer to Ignite, I will update this post with many more resources, but wanted to get the first couple of big rocks out there, in case you didn't already know? First piece of advice is this....the Azure Documentation simply ROCKS! Kudos to that team of writers, as I have seen only a handful of bodies of work as well done in the past on TechNet or MSDN. This is really good stuff!
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO AND KNOW TO PREPARE FOR EXAM 70-533
- First, sign up for the exam here https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/exam-list.aspx
- Listen to the Podcast above once published. I give my thoughts on taking the exam at home versus at a center. Bottom line...I hope there is a center near you! Just easier and less likely to break.
- Book the exam. You book it, and you will study! I do that in running. Pay the price, literally, and then I hit the streets and fill up my running log. As my uncle once told me....the running log doesn't lie! Same thing is true with studying for the exams. A little every day adds up.
- Know the Exam Objectives! They list these for a reason. They guide any and all resources that you will study from. They guide what you will do with your Free Azure Trial subscription. You MUST get your hands in Azure 🙂
- For the Infrastructure Exam 70-533, here are some of the best resources out there...that are official and legitimate
This event was made for this exam! 16 recorded sessions each an hour or more. GREAT Content ....and most all from the Microsoft Product Groups or top Architects
- The Related Azure Documentation Sections in order of the exam objectives - which you MUST follow...
- Azure Websites, Cloud Services, and Virtual Machines comparison
This is one document on the Azure site that is really a GEM. You should know this one like your favorite beverage 🙂
Finally, keep an eye out for the official Practice Exams. They are not out as of this post, but you will soon find them here. These are the three I recommend. Just keep an eye out for "70-533"
That's all for now! I'll add more content near or after MS Ignite.
Oh, one more shameless plug.... I just was guest blogger again on the Application Proxy Blog Team. See my latest post Backup your Web Application Proxy Settings