The final release version of the System Center Monitoring Pack for Windows Azure applications is now available. This monitoring pack enables you to monitor the availability and performance of applications that are running on Windows Azure. Previously available as a release candidate (RC), this new Operations Manager monitoring pack enables an integrated view into Windows Azure based applications running in your public cloud environment.
After configuration, this monitoring pack enables you to:
- Discover Windows Azure applications.
- Provide status of each role instance.
- Collect and monitor performance
- Collect and monitor Windows events.
- Collect and monitor the .NET Framework
trace messages from each role instance.
- Groom performance, event, and the .NET
Framework trace data from Windows Azure storage account.
- Change the number of role instances via
Download the final release version of this monitoring pack here and give it a try!
For more information on licensing System Center to manage public cloud environments, please refer to the Microsoft License Mobility through Software Assurance Customer Guide.
David Mills, Senior Product Manager