The next version of the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit—version 2012— is now available for beta download. To participate, register for MDT 2012 Beta 1 at Microsoft Connect.
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2012 Beta 1 rides the next wave of System Center releases with support for System Center Configuration Manager 2012. For Lite Touch installations, MDT 2012 improves the overall client-side user experience, while also providing behind-the-scenes enhancements for partitioning, UEFI, and user state migration. These features, combined with many small enhancements, bug fixes, and a smooth and simple upgrade process, make MDT 2012 Beta 1 more reliable and flexible than ever.
- Fully leverages the capabilities provided by System Center Configuration Manager 2012 for OS deployment.
- Improved Lite Touch user experience and functionality.
- A smooth and simple upgrade process for all existing MDT users.
Tell the MDT team what you think! To participate in the MDT 2012 Beta 1 program, download and test the tool in your environment and then provide timely feedback and suggestions to our development team. MDT 2012 Beta 1 runs through August 2011. Please submit your feedback through Connect and direct any support questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for taking the time to help us improve the MDT product feature and functions. Your time and assistance are much appreciated.
- Join MDT 2012 Beta 1 and tell the MDT team what you think!
- Help spread the word—share the beta invitation link with your friends.
- Send your comments to the MDT Team.
- Learn more about the MDT.
Get the latest tips from Microsoft Solution Accelerators—in 140 characters or less! Follow us on Twitter: @MSSolutionAccel.