Hello Service Manager fans,
On Friday, 14 January 2010, the SCSM-Exchange connector was released to Microsoft.com/downloads. The Exchange Connector and Send Email solution extend the current out of the box capabilities for System Center Service Manager 2010 by providing a connector experience for integrating with a Microsoft Exchange server to send and receive email messages.
The Exchange Connector now features the following capabilities:
· Create incident from email (replaces out of the box functionality; just turn it off)
o The sending user is looked up in the CMDB and related to the incident as the affected user
o The email subject becomes the incident title
o The email body becomes the incident description
· Update incident action log from email
· Resolve or close incidents from email
· Approve/reject change requests from email
· Update change request “action log” from email
· Mark manual activities completed from email
· Add email file attachment to work items as attachments
· Emails can be sent in from outside the organization
· Emails can be sent from users which do not exist in the CMDB yet and a new user record will be created for them and related to the incident
Send Email Solution
The Send Email solution is a separate solution that is packaged with the Exchange Connector for convenience, but it can be deployed with or without the Exchange connector technically. When you have both of them deployed and configured you can enable the end-to-end lifecycle for emails around incident management. For example, an analyst can be looking at a ticket and click a ‘Send Email’ task to request additional information from the affected user. When the user replies to that email with the additional information, the incident is automatically updated.
Please note this is not an official part of the Service Manager out of the box product and is not officially supported by Microsoft!
More information plus an update on the “resource kit” plan can be found here:
Thanks for reading & I'll speak with you soon,