Good morning everyone, we wanted to get you an update on the ConfigMgr 2007 R2 Virtual Machine Test Drive Program. The VM that has been available up until now has just expired. We have now gone through the process of re-arming the time limit for the VM, and this update is now available here.
This virtual machine is based in VPC or Virtual Server. Future releases will be based on the Hyper-V platform. It can be used in Hyper-V, but the VPC and Hyper-V Integration components need to be replaced for full mouse and keyboard support. The VM is a fully configured installation of System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2, with an AD and single site. This VM is ready to be used in testing and evaluation as a lab or pilot (POC) experience. It is not intended or supported in production.
We hope you find this refresh valuable. We will be refreshing this VM again once the ConfigMgr 2007 R3 release has passed RTM. Also stay tuned as we are in the final release process of shipping the ConfigMgr v.Next VM as well, that should be live relatively quickly. We will post a blog update for you when that is ready.
Some resources for you:
- System Center Configuration Manager homepage
- System Center Configuration Manager Techcenter
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 Evaluation
- Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1 – Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2010 Update 1
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 Evaluation
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 Update