Today we are very excited to announce the release of Beta 1 for System Center Configuration Manager v.Next.
System Center Configuration Manager v.Next is uniquely positioned to provide for powerful and flexible user-centric client management, allowing users to be able to seamlessly access their data from virtually anywhere, across multiple device types while providing IT with unified management tools and centralized control.
This next release of Configuration Manager is focused on 3 main pillars:
User centric application management - Empowering Administrators to define intent, and end users flexible access to the right application at the right time
- Allow the administrator to think users first
- Application management model to capture admin intent
- End user self-service software portal
Infrastructure simplification – Simplify management infrastructure, processes and administrative overhead
- Unified management across PCs and devices
- New role based administration and end-user experiences
- Automated content distribution and troubleshooting
- Redesigned core infrastructure and improved scalability
Simplify Client Management – Daily tasks, model based configuration management and improvements over existing capabilities
- Automated compliance remediation
- Client health and auto remediation
- Remote control enhancements
- Offline servicing of OS images
Over the coming weeks, there will be a wealth of content for you to experience. From online labs, to virtual machines, review material, interviews and demonstrations.