More great news from the Operations Manager product group – the release of the System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 Authoring Resource Kit.
This new resource kit aids authors in the creation, modification and assessment of operations management packs (MPs). Using the following eight tools contained within the Authoring Resource Kit, authors will see benefits through reduced development time and improved quality of their MPs.
- Management Pack Best Practices Analyzer (MPBPA), which scans management packs for best practice compliance and provides automated resolution for numerous issues.
- Management Pack Spell Checker (MP Spell Checker), helping eliminate errors in display strings.
- Management Pack Visio Generator (MP Visio Generator), facilitating the generation of a class inheritance and class relationship diagram using Microsoft Office Visio.
- Management Pack Diff (MP Diff), which presents differences between two management packs.
- Management Pack Cookdown Analyzer (MP Cookdown Analyzer), which identifies workflows which may break cookdown, and provides suggestions on how to fix performance issues.
- All References Add-in, helping to find all management pack elements that reference the specific element chosen.
- Workflow Analyzer, provides the ability to statically analyze all types of workflows.
- Workflow Simulator, providing the ability to test certain types of workflows such as discoveries, rules, and monitors without a Management Server and Management Group.
The Operations Manager 2007 R2 Authoring Resource Kit is available for immediate download from the Microsoft Download Center.