This free Solution Accelerator collects and monitors operational measurements for your line of business (LOB) applications. Its graphical dashboard makes it easy to keep tabs on service availability and performance, letting you:
- Spot trends in service availability and performance
- Head off problems before they occur
- Reduce costs by streamlining IT operations
This new version of the Service Level Dashboard uses System Center Operations Manager as the engine, and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 as its presentation platform to track and report service levels on a near real-time basis. The Dashboard now tracks additional metrics for service level compliance, including mean time to repair (MTTR), mean time between failures (MTBF), and application service level trends. Its SharePoint-based authentication lets you create individual Dashboards by department, so you can easily track service levels for different groups in the organization.
Try it Now!
- Click the link to join the Service Level Dashboard 2.0 Beta on Microsoft Connect as part of the System Center Operations Manager Beta Program. You will see the sign-in page for Connect.
- Sign in to Connect with your Windows Live ID (or follow the directions to get a free Live ID if you don’t have one).
- In the next screen that appears, click the link “Apply for Participation in this Program.”
- Fill out the nomination survey to join the System Center Operations Manager public beta.
- You will then see the Operations Manager beta connections page, which provides a link to the Service Level Dashboard 2.0 beta.
Already using SCOM 2007 R2 Release Candidate 1? Click here to start.