Congratulations…it’s a Girl! No! It’s a Boy! No…it’s a brand new healthy and happy Service Pack from the proud System Center Essentials 2007 family. System Center Essentials 2007 SP1 has been delivered, or Released-to-Manufacturing (RTM), and is now available for download here. This happy new arrival marks an important milestone for System Center Essentials 2007, the unified IT management solution for midsized businesses. With the arrival of SP1, Essentials 2007 is easier to install and easier to use. Essentials 2007 SP1 is a lean, mean IT management machine.
Of course this joyous occasion could not have unfolded were it not for the honest feedback, hard work and dedication of a lot of folks. So, big thanks are in order for our customers, TAP customers and partners, our MVPs, and the dedicated Essentials team for bringing this Service Pack into the world!
What’s included in Service Pack 1?
Essentials 2007 SP1 addresses critical customer-initiated issues, including improved setup, performance, and feature enhancements
Here are some of the key new features and enhancements:
• Support for Windows Server 2008 90 days after SP1 releases
• Up to 70% Reduction in memory footprint
• New support for managing workgroup-joined computers
• Improved, more resilient setup with new disaster recovery tools
• New user interface features & console performance enhancements
• New customer tailored rules-based update approvals
• New re-designed Third-Party software update support
• Tuned and enhanced Essentials Management Packs
• New support for SNMP V1 network devices
Obtaining System Center Essentials 2007 SP1
System Center Essentials 2007 SP1 is available now.
• Upgrade: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=112144
• Evaluation: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=112176
System Center Essentials SP1 will also be part of the upcoming Windows Essential Business Server slated for availability in the second half of 2008. For more information on Windows Essential Business Server go here: