New Article and Update: Process Monitor v1.1

Introduction to the PsTools: Wes Miller gives a high-level overview of the Sysinternals PsTools in the March column of his TechNet Magazine column.

The following Sysinternals utility has been updated:

Process Monitor v1.1: We’re excited to announce this major Process Monitor update that introduces several new features and enhancements. These include:

• Boot time logging

• New command-line options for headless operation (/minimize and /terminate)

• Cancellable search

• A window finder toolbar button for easily setting process filters

• Updates to IOCTL and error code display

• Ability to load arbitrary size trace files

• Display of source file name and line # in stack traces

• Autoscroll setting is remembered across runs

1. OttoHelweg2 says:

Hello Bilbo,

Regarding the streaming content, unfortunately I don’t have the option of posting the actual WMV files. I’ll see if there are some other options.

Process Monitor is an advanced monitoring tool for Windows that shows real-time file system, Registry

Mark Russinovich’s Process Monitor wurde aktualisiert und mit weiterer Funktionalitt ausgestattet. So bietet das kleine, kostenlose Tool jetzt erweiterte Kommandozeilen-Optionen, einen "Finder" zur Suche spezifischer Prozesse, sowie weitere Funktionen,

4. Bilbo says:

I would like to view the "ITs Showtime" session "Advanced Windows Troubleshooting with Sysinternals Process Monitor" but I can’t download an offline version and streaming to here sucks, and sucks BIG time.

Most of the time I just shrug and don’t bother attempting to watch if I can’t d/l. But I really want to see this one.

Can you  do anything about making it available for download Otto?

5. Mats says:

I can’t make it work on my computer (Windows XP SP2 w. latest updates)

The program just hangs and doing nothing. After 30 minutes, still nothing at all (not responding) CPU is 0%, Can’t even get rid of it thru Task Manager.  It does even not respond to the "End Taks" command.

I had to kill my computer in the process of stopping!

I am sorry to say that some up the upgrades from Sysinternals are being worse and worse.

This thing, killing the computer and its OS because of a program hanging is a thing that I had in the 1980’s.

6. puzzled says:

Process Monitor does not monitor registry operations since the last versions?

7. Rich says:

"Process Monitor requires Administrators group membership"

I get the above msg on WXP Pro SP2 and yes I am an admin (Administrators Group). Thus will not monitor!

8. Bilbo says:

Hi Otto,

I realize it’s not your dept – but if you could pass on, using any channels you can, that offline downloads are really essential for some people; then that’d be great.

I don’t expect a change. But if they hear it from several sources they (and others) may start to get the idea.

Both home and work (different ISP’s) I can download pretty huge files, and prefer hi rather than lo when I can. But streaming just isn’t worth the pain here. A couple of minutes of youtube is fine. Something the size/length of a technet briefing is just awful and for some reason the showtime ones are even worse for me.

I appreciate whatever help or nudging you can do.

9. sss says:

i enable boot logging, but process monitor not create *.pml file. under windows directory created procmon.pmb…

10. asd says:

you need to change your text.

– Cancellable search

– Autoscroll setting is remembered across runs

are not "features", they are bugfixes.

11. thehabgroup says:

I have used Filemon and Regmon extensively in the past troubleshoot issues and I am very impressed with the new Process Monitor.

The integration of the Filemon and Regmon tools is brilliant.

12. Pablo says:

I have the same problem, a procmon.pmb archive of 7.74 Gb. Thanks for any help.

13. Janice says:

Thank you!

[url=]My homepage[/url] | [url=]Cool site[/url]

14. Hospedagem says:

HOSPEDAGEM de sites com qualidade. Registro de domínio.

"servidor dedicado"

"Registro de Dominio"

"Hospedagem de Sites"

15. Buy antivirus says:

Hello everyone, wanna be part of some kind of community, possible here? anyone here?