Today we have released a driver and firmware update for the Surface Pro 4. This update includes new driver and firmware updates for the Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter, Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller, Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 540, Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller, Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED, Surface Accessory Device, Surface Pen Pairing, Surface Integration, Surface Embedded Controller Firmware, Surface Management Engine, and Surface UEFI. These updates improve system stability, Wi-Fi performance when waking from sleep, video and DirectX 12 performance, and enable the Power Slider and Surface Pen simple pairing.
These updates are available in MSI and ZIP format from the Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware page in the Microsoft Download Center. Click Download to download the following files:
Note: In the name of each of these files you will find a Windows build number, this number indicates the minimum supported build required to install the drivers and firmware contained within. For example, to install the drivers contained in SurfacePro4_Win10_14393_1703001_2.msi, you must have Windows 10 Version 1607, the Anniversary Update, or newer installed on your Surface Pro 4. You can find a list of the build numbers for each version of Windows 10 in Windows 10 release information.
For your reference, here is a full list of the driver versions that are updated in this release and the improvements they provide:
Surface Pro 4
- Marvel AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter (v15.68.9114.29) implements changes to meet EU regulatory requirements.
- Marvel AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller (v15.68.9114.29) implements changes to meet EU regulatory requirements.
- Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 540 (v188.8.131.5227) improves DirectX 12 performance and power management.
- Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller (v184.108.40.2062) improves video performance in some applications.
- Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED (v220.127.116.112) improves video performance in some applications.
- Surface Accessory Device (v1.1.507.0) improves system stability.
- Surface Embedded Controller Firmware (v103.1744.256.0) improves system stability.
- Surface Integration (v1.1.504.0) enables the Power Slider feature, improving battery life and adaptive brightness.
- Surface Management Engine (v18.104.22.1689) improves system stability.
- Surface Pen Pairing (v22.214.171.124) enable the Surface Pen simple pairing feature.
- Surface UEFI (v107.1741.768.0) improves Wi-Fi performance when waking from sleep.