We are pleased to announce that today we've released new versions of the Surface Tools for IT Pros with support for the new Surface Pro and Surface Laptop. This update includes new versions of the Surface Enterprise Management Mode (SEMM) tools Surface UEFI Configurator and Surface UEFI Manager, Surface Dock Updater (SDU), Surface Data Eraser (SDE), and Surface Deployment Accelerator (SDA). You can download these updated tools from the Surface Tools for IT page in the Microsoft Download Center.
Click the download to select the following files for each of the Surface Tools for IT:
See the below list for notes on the individual updates for each specific tool:
Surface Deployment Accelerator
- Surface Deployment Accelerator v18.104.22.168 supports deployment of the new Surface Pro.
Note: Surface Deployment Accelerator v22.214.171.124 provides support only for Surface Pro and does not replace Surface Deployment Accelerator v1.96.0405 which supports Surface 3, Surface Pro 3, and Surface Book.
Surface Data Eraser
- Surface Data Eraser v3.2.36 adds support for the storage devices of Surface Studio, Surface Pro, and Surface Laptop.
Note: The Surface Data Eraser USB creation utility cannot run in a Windows 10 S environment. To erase the storage device of a Surface Laptop with Windows 10 S, you must first create the Surface Data Eraser USB drive using another computer with a Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise environment.
Note: Surface Pro devices with 1TB storage are not currently supported by Surface Data Eraser.
Surface Dock Updater
- Surface Dock Updater v126.96.36.199 adds support for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop.
Note: The Surface Dock Updater utility cannot run in a Windows 10 S environment. Surface Dock devices connected to Surface Laptop with Windows 10 S will receive firmware updates through Windows Update and do not require the Surface Dock Updater to stay up-to-date. If you wish to check the firmware version of a Surface Dock, or to manually update a Surface Dock, connect the Surface Dock to a Surface device with a Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise environment.
Surface Enterprise Management Mode
- Surface UEFI Configurator v188.8.131.52 adds support for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop and a new ability to generate a USB drive with WinPE that can be used to enroll a device in Surface Enterprise Management Mode.
- Surface UEFI Manager v2.2.21 adds for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop.
Note: The Surface UEFI Configurator and Surface UEFI Manager cannot run in a Windows 10 S environment. Surface Laptop devices running Windows 10 S can be enrolled in SEMM using the USB drive generated by the Surface UEFI Configurator, or otherwise can be enrolled by upgrading the device to Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Enterprise.