Updates for Surface Pro 3 (06 June 2017)

Today we've released updated drivers for the Surface Pro 3. This update includes new drivers for Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware and Surface Pro UEFI that improve battery life during sleep and PXE performance on IPv6.

These updates are available in MSI and ZIP format from the Surface Pro 3 Drivers and Firmware page in the Microsoft Download Center. Click Download to download the following files.

• SurfacePro3_Win10_14393_1702002_0.msi
  • SurfacePro3_Win10_14393_1702002_1.zip
  • SurfacePro3_Win10_10586_1702002_0.msi
  • SurfacePro3_Win10_10586_1702002_1.zip
  • SurfacePro3_Win8x_9600_1702002_0.msi
  • SurfacePro3_Win8x_9600_1702002_1.zip

Note: In the name of each of these files you will find a Windows build number, this number indicates the minimum supported build required to install the drivers and firmware contained within. For example, to install the drivers contained in SurfacePro3_Win10_14393_1702002_0.msi, you must have Windows 10 Version 1607, the Anniversary Update, or newer installed on your Surface Pro 3. You can find a list of the build numbers for each version of Windows 10 in Windows 10 release information.

Note: Some earlier releases of Surface driver and firmware for Windows 10 do not contain a minimum build number in the file name. These files have a minimum supported build of Build 10240, Windows 10 Version 1507, RTM.

Surface Pro 3

• Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware v38.13.50.0 improves battery life during sleep.
  • Surface Pro UEFI v3.11.2150.0 improves PXE performance on IPv6.

1. Dave says:

Wonderful. Does the new EC firmware also include the features of v38.12.70.0 “improves system stability and performance when you change between power states”?

2. Martin says:

so, My Surface Pro3’s appered Embedded Controller Fireware error. And I Search this problem before Koreans Search Engine called Naver.
    But I can’t solve this problem, however finally I find this URL for google searching. I appreciate you. ^0^ Thanks

3. luis says:

My surface 3 pro van don’t stop, the surface is very hot. Tried to see what the problem could be and “updating” windows was a solution I found in the web. Tried to do it, no success. After turning off updates, cleaning folders “datastore” & “download” in windows/software distribution, I could finally run the update. but it does not update after 25/2/2017, while saying your system is updated -last update 07/03/2017. I read that there was an issue with the march windows 10 update (problem 0x800705b4 ?). As I can see in your page there are several updates during the last months. What suggestion would you give me? Install manually everything starting here in June, or go back & install from march until now? Would appreciate very much your support luis

1. Each driver and firmware pack release is complete. Installing this, the latest driver and firmware pack, will bring all of your devices drivers and firmware fully up-to-date. You do not need to install previous updates, as the improvements provided in earlier driver packs are rolled up into the current release each time we provide an update.

4. rufociliatus says:

Hello. I am unable to find these on the download page.
    Was there a problem that caused them to get pulled?
    SurfacePro3_Win10_14393_1702002_0.msi
    SurfacePro3_Win10_14393_1702002_0.zip
    SurfacePro3_Win10_10586_1702002_0.msi
    SurfacePro3_Win10_10586_1702002_0.zip

5. John Seibert says:

I also can’t find the download links on the page anymore. What happened, why is it only showing the old update files?

1. We noticed a slight problem with one of the update files and are fixing it presently. These files should be available again on the Download Center shortly.

1. We’ve re-uploaded the files and they are now available for you to download again.

6. kntb says:

my surface pro 3 after install this firmware (6/6/2017 5.8 mb) in each 14 min. reboot and install it again. in device manager firmwares have yellow triangle.

7. MatejEU says:

Is there a general description of files found in the download section?
    What is mandatory to install, except the drivers?
    Could you make notes what is included in these updates?

8. Justin says:

Any update for 15063?

1. The most recent driver pack for Windows 10 Build 15063 as of this writing is SurfacePro3_Win10_14393_1702002_0.msi, which provides the most recent drivers (v1702002) for both Build 14393 and 15063 (and above, e.g. Insider Preview builds).