Today we've released updated drivers for the Surface Pro 4. These include the Surface System Aggregator Firmware, Intel(R) Precise Touch Device, and Surface Integration drivers that we released last month for devices with Windows 10 Version 1703 (Creators Update), now available for Windows 10 Version 1607 (Anniversary Update) and Windows 10 Version 1511 (November Update). We've also updated the drivers for Surface Embedded Controller Firmware, Surface Touch Servicing ML, Surface Touch, and Surface UEFI. These updates resolve screen brightness issues when devices come out of sleep, refine brightness settings, optimize touch functionality, adjust hibernation defaults, disable touch when the cover is closed, and provide improvements to stability and battery life during sleep.
For Surface Pro 4, the updates are available in MSI and ZIP format from the Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware page in the Microsoft Download Center. Click Download to download the following files:
Note: On the download page, you will notice that there are multiple versions of the ZIP and MSI files. Each of these files includes in the name a Windows 10 build number indicating the minimum supported build required to install the drivers and firmware contained within. For example, to install the drivers contained in SurfaceBook_Win10_15063_1702001_0.msi you must have Windows 10 Creators Update (Version 1703) or newer installed on your Surface Book device. You can find a list of the build numbers for each version of Windows 10 in Windows 10 release information. Files that do not contain a build number in their name are applicable to all versions of Windows 10.
Surface Pro 4
- Surface Embedded Controller Firmware (v103.1684.256.0) improves battery life during sleep.
- Intel(R) Precise Touch Device (v184.108.40.206) disables touch when cover is closed and improves stability.
- Surface Integration (v220.127.116.11) adjusts system hibernation defaults
- Surface Touch Servicing ML (v1.0.724.0) updates touch functionality.
- Surface System Aggregator Firmware (v103.1610.256.0) resolves screen brightness issues when device comes out of sleep.
- Surface UEFI (v106.1624.768.0) refines brightness settings.
- Surface Touch (v18.104.22.168) optimizes touch functionality.