Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (7 March 2017)

We're happy to announce today that we've released updated drivers for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4. These updates include new drivers and firmware for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M, Surface UEFI, Surface NVM Express Controller, Intel(R) Management Engine Interface, Surface Integration, Surface Integration Service Device, and Surface USB Hub Firmware Update on Surface Book and Surface UEFI, Surface Display, Surface NVM Express Controller, and Intel(R) Management Engine Interface on Surface Pro 4. On Surface Book these driver updates provide improvements to system performance and stability, storage performance, system stability on startup, battery life during sleep, and power utilization of the USB hub in the device base. On the Surface Pro 4, these driver updates provide improvements to system stability and performance, storage performance, and system stability on startup.

For Surface Book, the updates are available in MSI format from the Surface Book Drivers and Firmware Page in the Microsoft Download Center. Click Download to download the following file:

• SurfaceBook_Win10_1701000_0.msi
  • SurfaceBook_Win10_1701000_0.zip

For Surface Pro 4, the updates are available in MSI and ZIP formats from the Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware Page in the Microsoft Download Center. Click Download to download the following file:

• SurfacePro4_Win10_1701001_0.msi
  • SurfacePro4_Win10_1701001_0.zip

For your reference, here is a full list of the driver versions that are updated in this release and the improvements they provide:

Surface Book:

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M (v21.21.13.7667) improves system stability.
  • Surface UEFI (v90.1427.768.0) improves system stability and performance.
  • Surface NVM Express Controller (v11.0.0.1) improves storage performance.
  • Intel(R) Management Engine Interface (v11.6.0.1042) improves system stability on startup.
  • Surface Integration (v1.1.328.0) improves battery life during sleep.
  • Surface Integration Service Device (v1.0.241.0) improves device stability.
  • Surface USB Hub Firmware Update (v1.0.519.0) improves stability and power utilization of the USB hub in the device base.

Surface Pro 4

• Surface UEFI (v106.1427.768.0) improves system stability and performance.
  • Surface Display (v1.0.6.1) updates the display panel driver.
  • Surface NVM Express Controller (v11.0.0.1) improves storage performance.

1. Jarad_Olson says:

Keep up the great work! Any chance this update includes support for on-screen Surface Dial interaction with the Surface Book?
    See: https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/27/microsofts-dial-is-coming-to-the-surface-pro-and-book/
    Thanks!

1. Jarad_Olson says:

Excuse me. Here’s the correct source URL:

Terry Myerson mentioned that it’s a planned future. If not, when can we expect it?
      Thanks much!

2. S.Sengupta says:

Thanks for the updates.

3. AYL says:

New update ruined a photoshop project and crashes Sketchbook Pro upon opening. Cant find any answers to resolve this problem at the moment.

4. I got troubles with these updates.
    Surface Pro 4 m3 with build 15048 and Lumia 1520 with build 15051, both updated tonight.
    Explorer on Surface does no longer show the Lumia connected via USB. I tried USB on Surface and USB in the Surface Hub.
    The Lumia is still loading. Other USB Devices work (Memory Stick, DVD)
    The Lumia still works fine with a HP Pavilion, also running 15048
    Someone should look about that, Also see Feedback Hub https://aka.ms/hjslb8

5. Jo H says:

This update has totally messed up my external monitors. In addition to it reconfiguring them, they now appear blurry. Microsoft, didn’t you test this????

6. Juhana says:

Thanks! Always happy to get new updates, looks like a big update list. 🙂

7. Norman Bearon says:

Today I am suddenly unable to set the resolution of my second screen connected to my Surface Pro 4 via a DisplayPort-HDMI adapter. The best I can get on my AOC12269V is the minimum 640×480! It looks to me the update to the display panel adapter has screwed things up.

8. Your update killed my dual display off the surface dock. Your software will not allow me to revert the update. Your update happened 3/8 and my warranty expired 3/9. I have been wrestling with this for two days and Microsoft demands to be paid to fix an issue it created. Please have someone contact me.

9. Aaron says:

Update made my screen 100% black. Computer will not hard reboot either. Going to have to let the battery drain and die and see if it comes back. Also no external monitors are working like already mentioned.

10. Niklas Jonason says:

Also for me this update has messed up my external monitors. I called Micrtosoft support and they promised to send an instruction via e-mail. However no instruction has arrived! This was two weeks ago. It does not happen very often that support from a big player like Microsoft does not deliver a simple standard document when promised.
    Today Outlook stoped working!

11. jad10@cornell.edu says:

Much more stable with a Surface Dock and dual monitor set-up. Thank you.

12. Luke says:

Surface USB Hub Firmware Update did not install, so Ethernet still unusable. Monitor setup however messed up. I am sick and tired of this steaming mess.

13. Deborah Muchmore says:

My Microsoft365 Outlook stopped working after this update and I have been unable to successfully establish a connection with my email servers. I can establish connections from other computers successfully. I use my SurfaceBook for work so this is a serious concern for me. Also, I was unable to establish an email connection to Microsoft 365 accounts through Bing any longer and to switch to CHROME to obtain successful connections.