A quick look at the Improvements in Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
· Operations Manager 64 -bit support: The installation of Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 now includes x64 support for the Operations Manager 2007 R2 Client Agent.
· Asset Intelligence: The certificate requirement required for the Asset Intelligence synchronization point is no longer required.
· Remote Control: Support has been added for Windows XP x64 and Windows Server 2003 x64 operating systems.
· Updated Configuration Manager Management Pack to support 64-bit operating systems: Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 will now include performance counters for 64 bit operating systems. An updated management pack will now be able to collect this data.
· Multi -select and deletion of catalog drivers from the Configuration Manager Admin Console
· Better feedback on the success or failure of the extension of the schema of Active Directory. The version of ExADsch.exe included with Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 will provide console feedback when run from a command line.
· The Branch Cache feature, which enables peer-to-peer file sharing between Branch Cache-enabled computers, is fully supported in Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 for both Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 operating systems.
· Operating System Deployment Support has been added for the following Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
o Microsoft Windows 7 (Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate Editions)
o Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (Standard, Enterprise and DataCenter Editions)
o Microsoft Windows Vista SP2
o Microsoft Windows 2008 SP2
· When upgrading to Configuration Manager2007 Service Pack 2, the Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) is also upgraded to the 2.0 release. New features are found in this release include:
§ User State Migration Tool (USMT) 4.0
§ Windows Preinstallation Version (Windows PE 3.0)
§ New tools to support the deployment of Microsoft Windows such as Deployment Image Servicing and Mangement Tool (DISM).
· Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 improves upon the AMT (iAMT) integration that was provided in Configuration Manager 2007 SP1. Support for AMT versions 4.0, 4.1 and. 5.0 have been added.
· Provision 802.1x settings on AMT wireless clients during AMT provisions
· Send 802.1x settings operations to the Intel translator for AMT systems on revisions earlier than 3.2.1
· Enable or disable Audit Log
· View the Audit Log through the OOB Console
· Enable configuration of the power policy settings and include in provisioning settings when provisioning an AMT system
· There has been improvements in OOB Wireless Management: Wireless Profile Management
o Support is now provided for up to eight (8) wireless profiles per site that are available to AMT clients that are assigned to that site
o Wireless information can be set during the AMT provision and all required profile settings configured. (SSID, Key Management, encryption).
o Support for wireless profile operations to the Intel translator for AMT systems on revisions earlier than 3.2.1