The event is free of charge for you to attend. We’ll be touring the UK (well four major cities at least) presenting in depth security session covering ways to mitigate the treats that all of our organisations face every day. The TechNet Security track will dive into practical application of Windows XP and Server technologies including securing wireless networks, segmenting networks, application layer firewalling(referred to as “Application Intelligence” by CheckPoint), rights managment, active directory security and many others. We will also share best practise on effective security strategies, policies and patch managment.
Full details of the events can be found at the Technical Roadshow website. In addition to the security track there will be a generic ITPro track together with an MSDN developer track.
The security track comprises the following session titles – see the afore mentioned website for the abstracts:
- Security in the real world
- Essentials of Security
- Implementing Security Patch Management
- Implementing Server Security on Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003
- Implementing Client Security on Windows 2000 and Windows XP
- Implementing Network and Perimeter Security
- Implementing Application and Data Security
- Implementing Advanced Server and Client Security
- Applied Security Strategies
- Security Risk Management
- Wireless Security Let the Nightmare end!
I hope to see you there!